Below you can see the new EU Tyre Label with full explaination. This label will be on all tyres from November 1st and will help you, the customer, to make an informed choice about safer and more environmentally friendly driving. The labels are categories according to their performance in three key areas.
1) Fuel Efficiency
Category A is the most efficient and means you will use the least amount of fuel on your journey, with category G being the least fuel efficient. A tyre which is more fuel efficient helps to reduce both CO2 emissions and driving costs. Choosing A rated tyres over G rated tyres could potentially reduce fuel consumption by up to 7.5%.
2) Wet Braking
Category A rated tyres provide the shortest braking distances on wet roads whereas the G rated will have the longest braking distance in the wet. Wet braking performance is critical to your road safety as it affects how quickly you will be able to brake. Choosing A rated tyres over the G rated tyres can help you stop up to 18m shorter.
3) Exterior Noise
The third element of the label is noise emission and it is measured in decibels. One black wave shows the least noise emission and is at least 3dbs below the future legal limit. The three black waves show the most noise emission, which is above future legal limits.
More to Think About
The above categories are not the only factors which determine the specifications of tyres and are only three of about 12 performance criteria. Other performance criteria which need to be taken into consideration are wet and dry handling, aquaplaning, resistance, tyre longevity, braking and handling in snow and ice, high speed stability and traction.
We now have our own football team competing in the Herne Bay and Whitstable League Division 1. After successfully winning Division 2 with 13 wins and only 1 loss we look forward to the new challange.
This is the second year in the league and we hope to keep you up to date with all the results.
League link - http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?divisionseason=442544307&league=4202334
Love2Shop Competition Terms and Conditions
A1 Tyres (UK) Ltd……. Love2Shop Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter of this competition is
A1 Tyres (UK) Ltd
Unit 13 The Glenmore Centre
2. Start Date: 01/05/2019
3. End Date: 31/05/2019
4. To be in with a chance of winning, entrants must like and comment what you would spend the money on using the hashtag #a1tyreskent on the competition post on the Facebook page www.facebook.com/a1tyreskent/ No other form of entry will be permitted.
5. The competition is open to UK residents only, aged 18 and over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the Promoter.
6. A single entry per individual per week is allowed. Multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed, incomplete, altered or illegible entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered. Any such entries will be deemed void.
7. One winner, unless otherwise stated, will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries on the Date draw will be made and announced week commencing 3rd June 2019
8. The winner will receive a £100 love2shop voucher.
9. The Prize cannot be exchanged and no cash alternative will be made available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value, should the need arise.
10. The Prize shall not be resold, assigned, transferred, lent or the benefit granted to any person other than the winner.
11. The Promoter will not be liable if the Prize cannot be taken by the winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter.
12. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be contacted by direct message via social media. Reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however failure to respond within 2 working days of the draw may result in forfeit of the prize.
14. The winner will be expected to collect the prize from The Promoter’s address listed in section 1 during opening hours.
15. Proof of age must be provided by the winner if requested.
16. All entries become the property of the Promoter and the Promoter may use the winner's name and/or image and their comments relating to the Prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and/or without any fee being paid.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its reasonable control. The Promoter further reserves the right to declare void any entry in the event of actual fraud in its sole opinion.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner and to refuse to award the Prize or to withdraw the Prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition or otherwise where a participant has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won using fraudulent means.
19. By entering the competition, all entrants are deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for administration of this competition and for any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
20. All personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individuals’ prior consent. Data supplied in the competition entry form may with the entrant’s consent be used by the Promoter to notify the entrant of other news, promotions, competitions etc.
21. Other than for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of the Promoter, so far is permitted by the law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the competition or any aspect of the Prize.
22. This competition shall be governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising wherefrom.
23. Entrants are advised to print and keep safe these Terms and Conditions.